• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sore locations

Yes, I guess my OBs somehow moved from around the anus to inside the anus/rectum in the last 12 months. Until now the pain was mild so as I couldn't really treat it, I tried to not think of it and it was gone after a few days. I haven't even count the flareups.

But now I think it became more serious, I can feel it since 5-6 days and now I'm freaking a bit out.

What did your doctor say about the fact that we cannot keep the area clean??? It's kind of shocking if I think of it...

Plus info that I have GHSV-1 (est.2014), and in my country suppressive therapy doesn't exist. I never had anal intercourse in my life, and nothing really happened in the past 12 months that could possibly effect the place of the sores. Initially they appeared around the perineum.

In september I decided to go vegetarian, so my eating habits changed but in a good way. I really don't know why things got worse.

How are you feeling now? Healed? What treatment have you got?

@dontstopmenow. Hi. I’m almost healed now...5 weeks later. I still have residual nerve pain in my butt. But I’m told that will go away within the next few weeks too. This is my first OB, so I’m really new to this. My doc didn’t say anything about cleaning the area because it’s inside me. I just can’t. But I was on valtrex and the pain stopped within a week. So i guess the medicine did what it is supposed to do. The doctor says it’s likely that if I have another OB, it will be in the same area. So I’m freaking out about going through this pain again. But trying to keep calm.....sigh. I hope you feel better soon!!