• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feel like I’m getting nowhere

Hi everyone,

I was diagnosed in April 2017 with HSV 2. I have disclosed to three people and have been rejected by all three.

I try to stay positive and whatnot, but it is so hard to do that. I feel like I will never have a successful relationship again.

I liked one guy and disclosed to him... Kept talking to him and one day he just stopped talking to me - this could or could not have been due to my HSV diagnosis, but I assume the worst.

I don’t know what to do with myself it’s so hard to stay positive when it’s been such a terrible experience thus far.

We don't need their validation. Life will always be full of obstacles and really " Those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."

You'll come across people who are fine with it and you won't even like them. How's that for a conundrum?

3 guys huh? It's funny cause with all this information we have. 2/3 worldwide have herpes and they say 4/5 people don't know they have genital herpes. Bet you these guys think they don't have it because they don't show signs and think that they've been tested for it.

I hear you. Luckily i met a gorgeous young girl about the time i found out. She told me she had it the very first night (im a girl too so it was over girl talk) but seeing how open and confident she was about it and not letting it bother her gave me confidence. I now see this as a test in finding a future partner worthy of me. If theyre going to bail because of that, their loss and you deserve better. Good luck to you!