• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I'm new and already love this site!

I found out a little over a month ago that I have hsv2. I went to the doctor just thinking it was a bacterial infection. She thought the same thing then said not to worry you but we should probably check you for herpes as well.

Sure enough 2 days later I got the call at work. I couldn't even stay at work any longer. I told people I had to leave immediately went to my car and just cried for the longest time. I went from feeling broken with endometriosis to now feeling damaged as well with this.

I calmed down eventually and called the guy that I'd been with for the last 6 months. Nothing officially dating but literally the only person that I'd been intimate with for that time. He had no idea and got himself tested. He found out that he has hsv1. Great so who knows how long I've had this.

By coming across this site I've found so many people that were in my position and they seem to be in a better place. I hope some day to be just like that!

So here's hoping and thanks again!

Welcome Redred. :) I'm glad you're here. Know that you will feel whole again. Allow yourself to feel what you're feeling. It all deserves to be there. Just love yourself through the whole thing. That is the way to heal. Sharing yourself here with the rest of us who can understand the pain and the heartache is also a huge step in the healing process. Being accepted by others allows you to more fully accept yourself as you are. So welcome. And much love. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Honey its so great you shared on here with us....yes you will be in a better place soon. Adrial is right... you are totally accepted here and we understand what you are going through. I'm having an OB right now...18 months down the track from diagnosis...and its just an annoyance now, not the gut wrenching disaster it was for the first year.

I didn't think I would ever meet anyone who would accept me and 3 months ago I met the most amazing and special man and we are moving in together next week, he doesn't have it and thinks me having it isn't as big a deal as how amazing I am. I have HPV too and he doesn't worry about that either.

So hope with faith...you will feel better, life will expand and there is so much good to come :-) Sending you a big hug. xx