• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

In response to Adrial's Powerful Quote and my VERY FIRST post :D

Hello, I am Nina.

I started off in response to Adrial's post called "Powerful Quote" but decided to make this my first official post.

Here's the quote: http://herpeslife.com/herpes-forum/discussion/1029/powerful-quote-#Item_1

Today I was SUPPOSED to clean my room, do some dishes, a dozen other things. Instead I was led to watch a documentary (I love learning). The documentary (on Netflix) is called Wretches & Jabberers, 2011. Here is what is about: Embarking on a world tour, autistic adults Tracy Thresher and Larry Bissonnette attempt to change global attitudes about disability and intelligence. And although their communication skills are limited, their message is loud and clear.

As I watched it, I cried. I can't imagine not being able to communicate to the world. There are people out there whose daily lives are filled with so much suffering and pain. Before even finishing the movie I was on the net looking for more info because my stepsister's son has Autism. I wanted to help. I watched several youtube videos and then after posting to my Facebook, I happened across Adrial's post. I decided I would use my gift, and ability to communicate to share with my Heeps (in my circle of friends we call each other Heeps).

I know having Herpes sucks. You might feel unlucky, unloved, un-everything that gives you the excuse to be stuck in all your UN's. I think if you read on and watch these youtube videos you will be inspired. I know I was.

If these people can overcome such great obsticles to live fully, give fully and be at peace, so can we!

This amazing girl proves autism is not what most doctors and everyone else think it is. At the age of two, Carly Fleischmann was diagnosed with severe autism and an oral motor condition that prevented her from speaking. Doctors predicted that she would never intellectually develop beyond the abilities of a small child. Although she made some progress after years of intensive behavioral and communication therapy, Carly remained largely unreachable. Then, at the age of 10, she had a breakthrough.

While working with her devoted therapists Howie and Barb, Carly reached over to their laptop and typed in "HELP TEETH HURT," much to everyone's astonishment. This was the beginning of Carly's journey toward self-realization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMf7jgopJXc

Despite the fact that he has Down Syndrome, 23-year-old Garrett Holeve has used mixed martial arts to find himself and become an MMA fighter.

Today I am thankful that I was "gifted" with herpes. It has made me the person I am today. I am a work in progress who finaly GETS what LIFE is about. I work daily to embrace any opportunity to grow and help other's grow and be happy with who they are.

Thank you Adrial for what you are doing to help people. Thank you. :x

Good to have you and your energy here, Nina. Much love and looking forward to connecting soon!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: