• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling Optimistic: Successful Disclosure Story

On 11/13/2018 at 11:27 AM, PhillyChick said:

@PhillyChick I'm still recovering from my first disclosure. I told the guy who I last slept with. He hasn't spoken to me since. We've been on and off for years and I'm feeling a way that he reacted this way. I understand that he obviously isn't worth the headache and I know I'm better off but it's still discouraging. I'm not ready to date. Since the diagnosis my anxiety has been super high. I'm past the mourning phase and I'm definitely on the other side of things but there is still some work to do. 

@Newme girl, YES there is hope for you! your attitude and beliefs will determine what comes into your world. if someone does not wish to proceed with you because of your diagnosis, then it wasnt meant to be anyway, so keep it moving. you are just as fabulous as you were before your diagnosis, and you will find a man that recognizes that! feel free to PM me if you want to talk further. 

@Newme i completely understand how you feel. i've been there! when i was diagnosed, i was in a relationship. when i disclosed to him, he took it well, but then when he tested negative, i never heard from him again. i was heartbroken. in the end though, i realize that things happen for a reason. he wasnt the right guy for me, and we would have broken up at some point anyway.

i wasnt ready to date either when i got diagnosed. i went "dark" for a good 3 months. but after that, i was like i will NOT let herpes steal my joy. i have too much going for me and too much to be thankful for to let something so minor (in the scheme of things) get me down. 

once i changed my perspective, i was totally cool with my diagnosis and things have been so much better. all of my disclosures have been positive. having herpes has forced me to get more serious about who i choose to date and be much more particular. 

so allow yourself time to grieve. but after that, make a conscious choice to start enjoying life again!

feel free to PM me if you want to chat further 🤗