• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

can i get a whitness?! Sex in the real-world with 1+M / 1-W partners

Sex in the real-world with 1+M / 1-W partners: Same question as @thisislife in reverse.

@thisislife

Hello,

Thank you for starting this thread and to all the people/ community response; great praise, respect and gratitude for doing so. It has been a great source of hope.

In short, 2 weeks ago I (was totally blindsided) tested positive for HSV2; for the past 20+ years (damn! Im getting "old" ;) getting tested has been a steady practice before adding sex to any intimate relationship. Hence the reason for this screening.

ASK #1: I would like to know if someone has a non HSV2+ female partner that would be willing to talk to my partner about having a sexual relationship with a positive partner?

ASK #2: If you are willing to share your personal experience with this situation I greatly appreciate it.

If this is somehow a "you don't do that!" request, my apologies for doing so; my intent is only that of compassion and goodwill - I meant no harm or to be inconsiderate of others.

...In Long...WHY?

I hope to protect and not hurt someone i have great respect for while exploring a relationship with great potential, that deserves a chance, is given the opportunity to do so despite unexpected challenges on the front end.

Yes, had the talk...Next

I realize she is an intelligent woman and must come to her own conclusion however I see it my responsibility to provide resources to address the questions/ feelings she has and space to do so with/without me. Statistics and research are great but do little to address the day-to-day and emotional side of being with a positive partner. (Hence my ask for help)

So, in addition to summary notes of several white papers on transmission/ risk analysis/ Viral-therapy/ risk diversion between partners (-Thank you Washington University, Div of Allergy & Infectious Diseases & The Journal of the Royal Society-) should she wish/be open to talking with someone that has direct experience in this situation I would like and hope the option to be available.

With all of this said, i have no idea as to the "proper" way to go about this, please keep that in mind.

This short post has gotten long-quickly! Any help - much appreciated!

• 3 months later...

I have lived with H for 28 years and contracted it with my then current partner via oral sex when she had the early makings of a cold sore. It would be great to get a female's perspective and their thoughts on timing of disclosure and their initial reaction to learning of their partner living with HSV and how it would impact them.