• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Natural Suppression

It’s been a long 26 years for me, but I wanted to tell you all, that I am happily married and I’ve had 4 kids, all fine. I don’t take any acyclovir, because it doesn’t really work well for me. Suppressive therapy has been successful with 500 mg lysine daily. I’ve been able to heal from outbreaks quickly by using neem oil on the sores, and, if they are bothering me a lot, a mixture of clove oil and peppermint oil as needed (apply with a Q-tip). Take internally: Lysine plus ( quantum) up to 3x a day, Lemon balm force, zinc (only once a day!), and definitely do some blue green algae daily if you can. x Don’t be afraid to take lots of Lysine, it really makes the outbreaks back off. Also, I believe that taking a 2-4 grams of cats claw daily also helps. I hope this post helps someone. I really wish I was better about taking the Lysine daily long term, but I really hate thinking about this disease every day which is why I would eventually stop it. But I never had an outbreak when taking daily Lysine. Something to think about. Peace. x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Have you tried just eating balanced foods with Lysine so you dont have to take it as a supplement? This a good ratio chart. http://acidicbody.com/lysine-arginine-ratio-foods/

I use Oil of Oregano with a Frankincense mix using coconut oil as a carrier. Ive also applied Oil of Oregano straight. Burns but its a relief burn!

I hit 25 years this year. I have not used meds since my first year but back on suppression therapy. Its been about a week...

Since I hit 40's my outbreaks have become monthly. I think its my hormones changing mainly, it can be a problem for us women starting the 'change'.

I also love my collagen bone broth(filled with Arginine) but its a big fat trigger! My gut/joints feel good/skin looks so good but yeah, hi blisters! LOL. I dont want to give it up because its beneficial to me in so many other ways.

Right now Im in test mode using suppression and trying to balance the Lysine/Arginine ratios in the collagen-bone broth. Im going to try Dr Axes next batch. I contacted them for the ratios so I can balance the Lysine intake. My current I dont know the ratios...

• Like 1

That’s a good chart. There are so many things in there that I have to eat, for balanced nutrition, that I can’t stick to the chart entirely. I just avoid nuts and grapes. I find that the only sure way to prevent OB is to supplement Lysine + cats claw (which I take for other reasons anyway). I recently took a supplement for pain, because I have arthritis, called “Devils Claw.” It is related to sesame, and it triggered a bad episode. I was so disappointed. I had gone just over a year.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I've only had it for a year and I've been trying natural solutions but was still having some issues. I'm on a suppressant now but still having tingling but no OB.. any suggestions? I'm 24 and hate dealing with this, I start feeling down on myself with I have the tingling episode.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry I know this is a later post but what suppressants did you take after having babies? I am breastfeeding and getting outbreaks a lot (3 this year). I’ve had HSV 2 for 5 years and maybe got an outbreak twice a year with lysine daily. My lactation consultant said no lysine when nursing. Lemon balm and peppermint can dry up supply. I’ve been taking acyclovir but in my opinion wouldn’t a natural remedy be better???

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 2/22/2018 at 11:57 AM, Spntneus1 said:

Sorry I know this is a later post but what suppressants did you take after having babies? I am breastfeeding and getting outbreaks a lot (3 this year). I’ve had HSV 2 for 5 years and maybe got an outbreak twice a year with lysine daily. My lactation consultant said no lysine when nursing. Lemon balm and peppermint can dry up supply. I’ve been taking acyclovir but in my opinion wouldn’t a natural remedy be better???

a naturopath could help i find monolaurine good....you'd need to check but i would guess this is safe with pregnancy. i also use coconut oil soap. other oils can build up in system over time.