• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Year 4 and I can’t get seem to get passed this

I was married for 23 years, when my husband and I split up. I fooled around with a man and he got a new gf. Somewhere in between, we had sex with each other ( we tried getting vpback together a couple of times before we did) and got herpes. Neither person will admit they had it and passed it on to one of us. Fast forward, my hubby and I got back together after being separated for 3 years and it all should be well and good with me. BUT, I can’t stop the feeling of being a dirty, diseased woman. I feel like I can’t cope with this monkey on my back. Every time I have an outbreak, it’s like it just happened. I hate my own body. I feel trapped and I feel hopeless - because I’m NEVER getting rid of this. The last few days, I’ve been thinking of ending my life ( I got help at the initial infection as I was on the verge of suicide). I’m just so tired of battling this. I understand that other people could still love me with Herpes and I could love someone else with herpes but the way I feel inside about myself is killing me. I feel my feminine sexuality has been robbed from me. I don’t know how to cope with this anymore

It's no different than having oral HSV, same virus different place. You are not a "dirty diseased woman" nor have you lost your "feminine sexually." All of this comes from the stupid stigma associated with a virus that is medically insignificant. If our culture didn't have such lame puritanical beliefs about sex no one would care.

You need to talk to someone. A counselor or someone professional who can help you work through this.

I feel about the same. I have actually just had an IUD put in in November and I think it’s is exacerbating any and all the negative feelings I have struggled with regarding Herpes. The struggle is real but it’s definitely worse right now. I have an appt with my gyno Thursday to see what’s happening to me. Thanks for checking in on me. It really does help