• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Givin’ It a go

Is it suppose to hurt to have sex after your first OB? I’ve finished my antivirals a few days before Christmas. And I was reading it’s best to wait two weeks after finishing the antivirals to have sex again or it depends on how fast the person heals. I waited the two weeks maybe a day or two shy of it. Everything felt back to normal thank god! But when he went to put it in it hurt and burned a little. It wasn’t too unbearable. After a few strokes it went away. But when we would change positions and he had to put it back in that’s when the pain would pop back up. I was sore the next day but that slowly went away throughout the day. A few days later we tried to give it another go. The pain was still there again only when he first put it in. Is this normal? Will I be able to have sex again without the pain? Is there anything I could try to help ease the pain?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It could be a yeast - but my experience is that it's herpes. I can't even touch myself without having my nerves react like a hot burn on the surface let alone put something up inside. I don't have visible lesions, however, wearing underwear or any amount of rubbing down there exacerbates the issue. I did get tested for yeast and vaginosis on 1/6 and labs said NONE. Here is it is 1/31 and I'm still feeling the tickling, burning, swelling, reddening being on Acyclovir for the last 2 months plus. Underwear is not my friend nor is a nice clitoral only orgasm

I do have questions for my doc if this is what I can expect from herpes as each time I have a BO is seems to vary in type of BO and location.

On another note, another gal friend was diagnosed a few months prior to myself and she gets a BO after a good romp almost every time. I know it can vary for some and not sure the ticket to getting fully well and engaging in sex - lotsa lube or not.

I'd suggest getting tested for yeast and vaginosis and in the mean time, treat it like HSV.

Good luck and as much as it's a time and cost sink - never assume, always get tested before medicating with anything other than HSV meds until you learn your pattern and triggers. At least this is how I plan to approach it now as it has been keeping me guessing daily since early Nov. 2017.

• 3 weeks later...