• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

My doctor refused to prescribe the supressive therapy everyone is talking about here...

hi fellow herpetites, its been a rough couple of emotional months, 2 months and 15 days to be exact...first outbreak went trough, fatigue and nerve pain linger for 3 weeks and now i been starting to feel better despite some itch and some tingles and nerve stings and a weird dotted appearance on the skin of my gland, looks like it has celulite when is erect...but at least i got laid finally.

back to the point, i went to the best dermatologist in town, an experienced lady with a lot of experience in the private and public sector, shes seen a lot of shit and treated a lot of skin illnesses. the main reason i went is because i was convince i had a constant mild outbreak with the itch and my penis head funky texture.... She saw me, checked my penis with a magnifying glass and light and told me i was fine, told me i had no outbreak and to not worry about anything. She say alot of people have it and very few develop symptoms...she told me i shouldn't even worry about spreading it and it was up to me if i want to disclose or not.

When i ask her about suppressive therapy, she only prescribed me three 7 day cycle of antivirals, one every 3 months, total of 3 cycles...after that she told me to repeat the cycles again every 2 years. according to her, that should be enough to keep the virus dormant and proceed with my sex life ...i am from mexico and she assured me that here in mexico genital herpes is treated lightly and isnt a big deal to people, americans just make it a big deal and remain on drugs.

Im an inquisitive person and i like to investigate and find answers and hear other opinions. Few days ago i disclose to this girl that kept calling me wanting to see me. she came over and i told her, surprisingly she still wanted to fuck me, as long as i wore a condom. so i did and felt like a schoolboy again...for some reason despite the doctors calming opinion and little rigorous suppressive prescription, there is still noise in my head about being contagious, since its only been 2 and a half months since my initial outbreak and still confused about my iGg test results (1.84 , everything above 1 being positive, igM was negative, which is weird since i got the test when i had the full initial outbreak). i dont know when i contracted the virus.

what should i do? wait some time until time passes and im able to control the virus to be sexually active again? follow the docs orders of suppressive therapy and keep going with my life and lusty ways? or go on daily antivirals just to be safe for possible casual sex, i dont have a steady girlfriend? i dont mind disclosing since im pretty shameless and know how to smooth talk, but i dont want to give herpes to no chick. i already gave it to one girl right before my initial outbreak because i didnt know i had it (we where having wild, dirty, ruff unprotected sex and because we had he outbreak the same day theres a possibility she gave it to me).