• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Question about symptoms/autoinoculation

I have been having an off and on itching/burning sensation down there for maybe a few days now. If I had herpes this would be my first outbreak. I plan to get tested soon. The thing is, I already have some skin conditions so it makes it difficult to be certain what is and isn't herpes. For instance, the itching and burning could be from my eczema. I also have had papules and hair follicle bumps along with the occasional zit in the area since I was young. I haven't had anything that I would really describe as a blister though. The only thing I've seen are what appear to be papules around the size of a pin prick with some larger. These don't really pop like a blister but release some liquid if squeezed. I'm not so sure what to make of anything I've seen hence me getting tested soon. I haven't had any of the "textbook" symptoms though so I'm really not sure. My main concern is autoinoculation. The other night I was examining the area and without thinking I picked my nose afterwards (gross, I know). I'm concerned that I could have potentially transmitted herpes to my sinuses. Is this possible? I'm less nervous about the possibility of having herpes down there (it really doesn't seem like a big deal) than I am about having it up my nose/on my face. I have heard of people getting it up there nose but I'm not sure if there is any truth to that.