• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Some help for people who feel like this will never end..

I too feel like one of those people.. And while I haven't had sex since my last outbreak, I have faith. My obs have died down quite a bit since changing my diet to a mostly vegetarian vegan diet.. although I do mess it up a lot lately. My advice to everyone so far is in a comment on another thread. "Get vagisil wipes for the itch. Immediately. These have helped me tremendously. And a probiotics that specializes in vaginal health. It'll probably benefit a penis as well :p shit has calmed down so much since doing this and I haven't had an outbreak when they were constant.. And this is coming from somebody who has multiple autoimmune disorders. Still too afraid to have sex but I'm working on that part. :) I hope this helped."

I also use a mix of prunella vulgaris and watered down tea tree oil twice a day on a cotton pad. Honestly, though, I think what's helped me is the moment I decided to stop examining myself constantly with a mirror and to just accept what I can't change. I know it's easier said than done, but as soon as I stopped constantly obsessing over it is when thing finally calmed down. I take precautions whenever necessary and whenever I feel sketchy i do this routine. Not looking forward to my next outbreak but i won't let this define me anymore. Thank God I grew up with oral hsv1 because I have obviously developed some antibodies to the virus itself. I hope this can be of some inspiration. :]