• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

3 Months since first OB - itchiness/shivering during period

@BlueBerry08

HORMONES - ugh. But it seems pretty common too. As I wrote above, I took very high doses of Valtrex and then slowly weaned myself off when I started to feel more normal. Yes, I didn't like how I felt on high dose, but it worked. I actually had gentle sex a couple weeks ago and so far so good.... got myself off only once... and again, so far so good. But I'm moving forward slowly and carefully. Also on 2x per/day valtrex suppressive.

Maybe look into immune system support too? I wrote in another post where another person is going on like 3 years of bad OB - what I take to support my immune system in hopes it helps me fight due to my autoimmune disease - that H tends to enjoy... opportunistic fuck H is :)

Hang in there... and change meds and hit it HARD - it's worth the side effects of getting better. And maybe bulk up a few days prior to period to nip it in the bud. I'm lucky my doc now allows me to do what I need based on how I'm feeling. Less is better but I'll be damned if I'm not very vigilant as the meds are not threatening to my body. Just supportive.