• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

x

Guest [Deleted User]

:( (Sorry about inadvertently deleting that post.) See you in July at the H Opp weekend!

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

I was able to recover these replies to your original posting:

@Atlantic

Amazing and inspirational, Obladi. You are a brilliant writer and this made my night. Thanks!

@AbbeygaleMc

Herpes didn’t start the feelings of not good enough… it just introduced myself to a world of baggage that used to be tucked neatly away. Wowza, hello baggage of realizations.

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 1 month later...

I am reading myself in so many posts on this forum. Why hadn't I found this forum before??? :) Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who posts and a big thank you Obladi...I'm clearly not alone and you have just written my own scary, hidden thoughts out for me to see. WOW. Its time to stop the self-hate and start the self-love. You all make a big difference.

Wow, I feel as if I just looked into a mirror! While I've never thought of having "herpes" before finding out I had HSV, I realized some time ago that herpes wasn't the real thing holding me back from a relationship. It was all of the other things about myself that I felt needed fixing. Self-acceptance is so very important, and in its own weird, beautiful, scary way, having herpes can help one realize that. Thank you for your post.

Reading this post has been my moment of inspiration.

For some reason, your response to my story got deleted, but I still remember what you said and think of it quite often.

I too had "herpes" long before I had herpes, in many of the ways you mention. Know that while you are climbing the mountain, I am right there with you.

Much love and blessings, kindred spirit.

HoG

• 2 weeks later...

Very good point about having herpes before you had herpes. But just because you now know you have them (and many people do and don't know it!) doesn't make you less sexy now!

Also, you say you haven't had any symptoms: many many people have herpes and never had symptoms because they have H1(same as cold sore herpes) and it is in 3/4 of the population! If your parents kissed you as a child (and I hope they did) and if they had cold sores, you probably have H1 in your blood! It's very very common and we have to stop treating it like it's a huge disease with horrible effects on our lives. We are in control of how we let it affect our lives, and WE create the stigma around having it if we view it as unsexy and horrible. But it's not - whether it be H1 or H2. All the best to you!

Wow is all I have to say! Great writing and insight! I could totally relate! I too, like everyone else, have my own issues and insecurities about myself and appearance. However, I know on the outside I am a beautiful and hardworking and compassionate person. I have to keep reminding myself that I still am and that H doesn't define me or should hold me back from relationships and feeling sexy. Thanks for your inspirational post. I am so glad to have found the support on here where there is no stigma. The more we talk about it, the easier and less stressful it gets.

• 3 weeks later...

That acknowledgment really warms my heart and means a lot to me, thank you.

And thank you for sharing your experiences from the weekend. Sounds amazing!

It's easy to see you're a beautiful soul and I hope all of the same for you. If you want to connect sometime, feel free to give me a shout, any time. :)

Much love, xoxoxo