• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Having first OB along with a YI

I’m waiting on a doc appointment, but there’s no doubt in my mind that I have herpes. I’ve spent the past two days doing the crying/ in denial/ back to crying but. I’m now trying to have a positive outlook, because obviously there’s nothing that can be done, but management. I’m on here for advice and to receive/give support, since I’m sure a lot of people are like me and don’t feel they can tell anyone aside from their partners.

Backstory: I’m only seeing one person and have been for about 6 months. I have had no issues like this before that. As long as I’ve known him he’s been fine and has had no issues either. Sorry if this is all TMI. About two and a half weeks ago I went to the doctor for a UTI. She put me on antibiotics and I went home. I had some ingrown hairs around this time, which I’m very prone to, so I didn’t think anything of it. Fast forward a week later and I’m back at the doctors again. Turns out I have BV. She was down there poking around and made a joke about the ingrown hairs, so I laughed it off with her and went home. (She is a great doctor, who makes all of her patients really comfortable, so the joking didn’t offend me at all.)

Of course I’ve been on antibiotics for so long that I developed a yeast infection. (Lucky me right?) Now I’m looking and realizing that while all the ingrown hairs cleared up, I have six or seven weird red or white bumps that haven’t gone away. Me, thinking they were ingrown hairs started picking at them. Some of them have burst, turned red, and are now scabbing over. I also have one similar looking dot on my wrist??? I’m really upset and freaked out. I know that everywhere says wear loose clothing etc etc, keep the area open so that it can dry. My questions:

Has anyone else had a YI at the same time?

How did you keep wearing loose clothing but keep a pantiliner on, so that the monistat doesn’t leave a mess?

How long does it usually take for an outbreak to stop spreading?

Other than prescribed antiviral medications is there anything I can do to lessen the outbreak/make it clear up faster?

If anyone has had it spread to their wrist (maybe from a cut), has it reoccurred or was it just during their initial outbreak?

All comments are greatly appreciated!