• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I feel like a fraud

I have used an online dating website for a while now. I have enjoyed being on there. Now that I have been diagnosed with HSV2, I feel like a fraud for starting a new relationship. Starting a new real used to be filled with fun and hope. Now I feel like I’m running a con. Can anyone share their experience with this. It is really depressing.

Why? Why do you feel like a fraud? Just for simply moving on? Having herpes doesn't mean you dont deserve to be happy. I mean I def understand the feeling but just think of it this way. You have to meet ppl, get to know them to see if you guys even fit eachother before disclosing and letting them know. I get that feelinh sometimes too then i remind myself that I'm overreacting.

You aren't a fraud. Finding yourself feeling these very negative emotions toward youself is a really tough deal.

Take a look at all og the good things you have to offer someone. Those are a big deal!

A long as you disclose before getting intimate, you will be doing a good thing by meeting people and searching for a relationship.

You aren't wasting anyone's time, you are worth while to the right person!

Seems like you may habe forgotten that. It might be a good idea to try to do things that reasure you that you are valuable, desireable and good!