• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I think I got herpes about 4 years got from a guy performing oral sex and touching me with his penis. We did not have actually sex. Two years ago I got tested. 1 blood work came back positive another came back negative. One swab came back negative the next positive. I feel terrible. I have often thought about killing myself. I have been married for 12 years. My husband and I split up and this happened. Now we are back together and he still loves me the same. I just have a fear of dying because of this. I have had 3 outbreaks and each time it was one lesion but I often have irriation in my vagina. I have been so upset my hair has fallen out from stress and it has gray. I am just at a lost on how to live with this disease. My skin often burns and I have read this is from having herpes. Please help me. All I do is sleep to keep from thinking about dying from herpes.

Herpes won't kill you unless you have some sort of seriously complicated medical conditions.

It would be a good idea to talk to a doctor you trust about the virus, your concerns about it, and how it effects you.

Herpes is extremely misunderstood by the vast majority of people, myself included until my diagnosis 7 months ago. You will probably find out there are some misconceptions you weren't aware of.

You're just in a dark place right now. Never make a permanent decision based on a temporary feeling. It'll be hard to drag yourself out of this slump, but it'll be worth it. I promise. Please please please take care of yourself. If you feel like it's not getting better, I would strongly suggest seeking some professional guidance. This is just a diagnosis, not a death sentence ❤