• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I had been dating a guy for 2 weeks and seeing a lot of him. He kept making plans for us in the future like sporting events and concerts but I wouldnt let him buy any tickets until I disclosed. So I would just act like yes I want to go but lets not make things definite yet. He also would mention not seeing any red flags with me and inside I would cringe thinking well there’s 1 I havnt told you yet.

Yesterday he brought up that he had a gift idea for me and so I thought Im gonna tell him before he goes buying me something.

So we were sitting outside waiting for dinner to finish cooking and I said I need to tell you something that I personally dont see as a big deal but some people do. Then I told him I tested positive for herpes 2 yrs ago and that I have never had an outbreak but ever since finding out I have taken the medicine daily. I told him about the 1% chance of transmission if we had regular sex for a year or 2% if we for some reason in the future didnt use condoms. I asked if he had ever been tested and he said no bc he hates needles. He said the risk sounded really low and he didnt have a problem with it. I said ok well I will probably be nervous for the next 2 weeks that you may change your mind. He said I understand that but I really dont see it as a problem. So we just talked about other stuff and moved on.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...