• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Permanent lesions?

Hopefully this isn't too much information. I know no one is a doctor I'm just looking for someone who's experienced something similar and can offer some insight. Basically, was diagnosed with hsv1 about 5 years ago. Was diagnosed with HPV last year. I have a wonderful partner who loves me and is unfazed by my diagnosis. We have been together for 2 years now. We have unprotected sex; I am on valtrex daily and rarely have outbreaks unless we have very rough sex or I'm not "warmed up". In the past year or so I have noticed a "growth" in my vagina, (don't know how else to describe it) which is bumpy and very tender. It's hard to describe. Certain positions are uncomfortable and it slightly burns when I touch it. I went to Planned Parenthood and two different practitioners looked at it and told me it was "just my anatomy" but I can't ignore it. It doesn't hurt like crazy and I usually forget about it but I can't help but think it's something more... I don't remember it always being there. I am wondering if it could be some kind of permanent herpes lesion? Forgive me if this all sounds ridiculous I just don't know how to describe it or where to go from there. I tested negative for all other STDS last time I was in. They told me it definitely wasn't cancerous... Anyone else experience something similar? Or can offer some advice?