• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sex: Painful, Unenjoyable and Sad

Hello,

I was diagnosed 2 months ago and since then I have had 4-5 outbreaks. The first one had external sores, the last few I've only experienced discharge and itchy/tingly sensation - no visible sores. I started daily antivirals about 3 weeks ago, however, I got another outbreak about 12 days ago and am still having symptoms. I am doing my best to ignore it and act normally so I don't get too depressed. I usually have a very high sex drive and orgasm quite easily. My partner and I tried having intercourse twice this week and both times I had extreme painful burning after we finished when he pulled out. This has happened a few times over the past few months. I am experiencing a very low sex drive and don't take pleasure when he performs oral. I can't seem to find sex pleasurable at all anymore and it makes me really sad because my new boyfriend (who I am really excited about) thinks I don't find him attractive and that he can't pleasure me.

1. If I don't have visible sores is it still an outbreak?

2. Is it normal to get outbreaks while on daily antivirals?

3. Is it normal for discharge and itching to last over 10 days? Could the intercourse have prolonged it?

4. Is it normal to have pain during sex and loss of pleasure? Is it only during OBs or is it forever?

5. Is there anything I can do to help increase my sex drive and pleasurable feelings?

Any advice will help. Thanks!