• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Help! Burnt/Tingling Tongue Feeling a Sign of HSV1 Prodrome?

Hi! Kinda new here but 7 years w/ HSV2. I wrote a whole other thread about my situation, but in a nutshell, I got HSV1 from my ex, never had a cold sore, but when I was kissing my new boyfriend last week something popped out on my lip. Didn't worry too much about it, thought I bit it or something, and anyway I was on antivirals for the HSV2. Turns out it probably was a little cold sore blip and he was DEFINITELY exposed.

I did mention it to him with a brief interchanged where he indicated he may have had them in the past. See other thread for details (Called: I'm terrified I gave my partner cold sores.).

Here's my question: he told me this morning in a text that his coffee and everything he drinks/eats feels carbonated on his tongue, like he burned it. Could this be a prodrome symptom? Could he be developing an initial outbreak?

I've been panicking all day! Please help!!!

• 2 months later...

I know that this is a little late,  but I just read this post. Possibly. Has your new guy been tested for HSV1? This could also be some sort of food/chemical allergy or oral thrush or even a vitamin deficiency. I had a chemical injury and used to get burning tongue with everything I ate-it went away when I changed my diet and started taking B-12. I still get it if I use certain products. I am not a medical professional, this is just my experience. Did he get checked out by doctor? Hope things are better now for you both.

• 3 weeks later...