• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

so i took the igg test last may 9 and for some reason i still haven't received the results in the mail. i haven't gotten a call either from my doctor to tell me which hsv i have.

just a little background, i took an igm test which came up 1.04 equivocal. my doc tells me if i have not had an outbreak then i probably have oral hsv. that was it. so i came back 3 months after my supposed exposure and told him i wanted to get an igg test for closure. i cant just take his word it was oral cause it might put any potential relationships i have in the future at risk.

so here i am. trying to still deal with it. i think ive accepted my fate pretty well or maybe ive just gotten so used to keeping my feelings buried inside. the reason i got exposed to this was because of a failed long term relationship.

but one thing ive learned thanks to people who have responded to my earlier posts is that its not the end of the world. you are still you. herpes doesnt change that. everyday i strive to be a better person to my family and to anyone i meet.

honestly, when i do get the results though i hope i dont spiral back to depression once i see it. its different when you finally have it in your hand. but thats life. the sooner you accept it, the better you will be.