• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

First OB and I don’t think it’s getting better... day 5 and now throat is hurting

I’m onto day 5 of my first OB and while the fever subsided and my muscle aches are for the most part gone, all my blisters on my genital area are open (which is the worst amount of pain ever by the way!), yesterday afternoon I noticed white at the back of my throat. Now today I’ve woken up with a sore throat! I’m taking suppressants at 1000 mg 2x a day. What the hell is going on?! Shouldn’t it be starting to heal by now and not causing more outbreaks in other places? I have nothing on my mouth or tongue... yet. Just on my tonsils.

• 3 weeks later...

Not to scare you, but mine took forever to heal. The initial one cleared up in 2-3 weeks, but then less than a week later another one would pop up. Less intense of course but still extremely painful. I didn't really have any flu like symptoms or at least not for long, but I will say there's light at the end of the tunnel! After about 6 months it started to become manageable then after the first year (and learning that the acyclovir cream helps me a lot) I was basically a normal H+ person with less severe outbreaks. They still come but not quite as often and way less painful.