• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Acyclovir not working

I was diagnosed with Herpes and struggled massively with the diagnosis and the initial painful outbreak. My doctor put me on daily Acyclovir (500mg) and told me to come back for a check up. The 500mg did nothing to get rid of my symptoms at first but did eventually seem to help. My symptoms are very similar to thrush, ie - itching inside the vagina and discharge, so much so a different doctor told me it was thrush. When the medicine for thrush didn’t help however and the thrush test came back negative I realised it must be herpes. Recently the itchiness and discomfort (including during sex) has come back so the doctor upped my dose to 1000mg a day but it hasn’t helped the itchiness or discomfort either, 3 weeks on. I am surprised by this and so frustrated. Could it be that my symptoms are from something else or are these symptoms quite common in herpes? I really thought 1000mg a day would’ve quelled the symptoms and it’s disheartening it hasn’t. Thanks for any advice