• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Mixed results. Do I disclose if not 100%?

Okay, I need opinions on this situation. In January I went in for an exam due to some itching and bumps. Doctor said definitely not herpetic and prescribed nystatin. I asked for a swab test and it came back positive for hsv2. Four months prior in August, I went in for the same thing and swab was negative. Both times very high levels of candida (yeast infection). Only logical thing to do was a blood test, negative for both img and igg. I have since been with people multiple times unprotected and without an antiviral (with their knowledge of my result) and I never passed this on to anyone. My question is... do I really have it? I know all tests can be false positives and false negatives, so what to go by with two different resulting swabs and a negative blood test? There were no difference in sexual partners between that time. The blood test would have been more than 9 months after what you would consider possible exposure. I have since never had any symptoms or issues at all. I’m confused and annoyed about having to tell people about this if it’s not even accurate or 100%. I have gotten different reactions from different doctors. One said “you were probably just exposed to it and won’t have any outbreaks”. Another didn’t even know what to say because she was also confused!