• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Itching after Outbreak??

Hi guys! My first ever HSV-2 outbreak just ended after two long, painful, and stressful weeks. It looks like nothing ever happened down there now, but I’m SO ITCHY! Is this normal, could it be caused by my herpes? How can I make it stop if so?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I had the exact same thing - after 4 hellish weeks of my initial outbreak I thought I was finally free and then the itching started! I carried on taking salt baths each day and found applying aloe Vera gel to the itching area really helped to cool it. I think it went away after maybe 5 days? For some reason it was SO much worse at night. Stay strong it doesn’t last forever!

This is literally my problem currently. Had my first outbreak almost a month ago. Healed up. Had a second outbreak 3 weeks after that with only one tiny blister that went away after 3 days. Now the itching is unbearable. The only thing that subsided it is Epsom salt baths but I can’t live in the tub every day. Night is also the worst and I scratch in my sleep and don’t realize it.