• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Successful disclosure

Well I finally did it. I disclosured to someone that is romantically interested in me. I met him through my work & have been talking to him for a couple weeks now. Last night I had decided to tell him because I could tell we were both starting to have real feelings for each other. I couldn't allow it to go on without letting him know & allowing him to decide if he wanted to invest any more time. He's 11 yrs older than me. I'm 44. Both divorced & really looking to move forward. So proceed forward to the end of an amazing evening, where I knew we were both very much interested in each other, & I told him. He said he didn't know much about it but trusted me & for sure still wanted to,move forward. Never in a million years did I think this would have gone this way. He said he respected me more now for opening up to him & knew right away that he still wanted more. Since my diagnosis I have made up a 10 date rule before sex, he knew this & has been ok with it since I told him. Now that he knows why I have this rule he is hoping I shorten it by a lot. So now I turn to all of you, 1st off to share my joy but to ask his question. How safe is oral sex? I have 1 & 2 with only have a few very small OBs. I have never had a cold sore in my life. Im not taking a daily med. I know I can absolutely not guarantee him 100% that I don't give it to him but any advice here would be helpful. I want to keep him safe while enjoying each other in everyway possible. Thank you so much for taking the time to read & help out.