• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Advice post-sex outbreak?

Hey guys. Grateful for this community.

Just starting dating(?) this guy. He's HSV- and a sweetheart. We had great sex and now I have a potential outbreak, but I'm not sure? It's not where it usually is, nor does it hurt like it usually does, and I am wondering if it's (sorry, TMI) from some intense bowel movements I've been having. Should I abstain? If you think so, how long? Should I abstain if the area is far south of where...sex happens? Does anyone do anything specific not to get sex outbreaks? Having to wait after each time I have sex would really suck. Thanks so much for being here for me.

Sorry for the TMI nature.

I'm also wondering this too. I'm with an amazing HSV- guy and now I'm having so much anxiety. I was with someone else for 2 years who I never transferred anything to and was always super cautious. With him we have a lot more sex and it's a lot rougher too. We also got brazilian waxes and didn't listen and had sex that day. I'm so worried that I wasn't paying enough attention to my body since everything was hurting a bit down there that day from the wax. He said his area is still itchy even though mine isn't anymore. Then yesterday he said he had a weird shooting pain down his leg and started having some cold symptoms so now I'm so worried and anxious and down. I don't know what to do or how I'm supposed to handle this. I couldn't imagine hurting him like that.