• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Had to end a relationship

I have been dating someone for a couple months now and he still hasn’t fully accepted my diagnosis of hsv2. He has gotten into the habit of telling me how much he cares for me and says it’s less scary. But then he will ignore me and say he needs time to think. While I understand that some people need time to process and I totally respect that and gave him lots of space...it has been taking a toll on me.

He just did it again and I had to end it. I told him that I can’t wait around anymore and want to be with someone who doesn’t need all his time to decide if they want to be with me or not. He hasn’t responded to my message saying that yet and I’m trying not to hold out hope, but part of me hopes this will wake him up. I know and feel like I did the right thing but this process has been so hard. I just want someone who doesn’t give a shit I have this. :(

The right person will see all of your great qualities and all of your flaws clearly, and they will show affection because of those flaws and qualities.

Someone who wants to keep you around just to have you is not doing themself or you any favors.

The right person will share your goals and dreams. The right person will want to see your dreams through, and have you help them achieve their goals too.

The right person doesn't do it because they feel guilty or obligated or conflicted. The right person is sure beyond any doubt that they need you and that you need them too.

So congratulations for having the guts to make the changes you need. Go get yourself the kind of love and affection and passion you deserve.