• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Got 3 bits of news today

I got three bits of new news today, my swabs came back positive for both oral and genital hsv1. Also I got a seperation notice from my wife. Not sure how to get threw this. I am on day 8 sense contact and my mouth is on fire, but i still dont see blisters really, Idk, not sure how much more i cant take physically or mentally. I have slept 5 hours in the last 3 days. How do i survive....

I'm really sorry to read things are that bad. It must take constant will power to hold yourself together.

It's not going to be forever. The pain will relent and you will be able to endure.

If you haven't already, reach out to people you can talk to in person, or consider one-on-one therapy. We will be here to listen when you need us, but having someone physically present is a better alternative.

You have a lot of stuggle happening at the same time. Now is the time to reach out for support from those you could count on.

Keep reminding yourself of the qualities you like about yourself. Work on trying to reassure yourself that you do have good things to offer, regardless of how difficult the present may be. Know that you will have the opportunity to find excitement, fulfillment and happiness, you just have some tough things to deal with for now. But it's going to be worth pushing through, it's going to be worth going out on a limb for a sympathetic ear, and it's going to he worth seeking the good things to remind yourself you possess.

Avoid drinking, or anything else that might make you vulnerable. An impaired state of mind will only amplify those negative thoughts and emotions. If it's difficult to steer your train of thought, find ways to keep your hands and your mind busy.