• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

The little cut that keeps coming back!

I'm very depressed. I am a 38 year old female and have HSV1 gentially.  I had an OB back in June.  1 lesion.  Before that I haven't had anything for 4 years and it was different.  I have been on daily Valtrex for years.  My outbreak 4 years ago were  blisters then, now it's just 1 small cut.  Every time I let the 1 lesion heal, my husband and I have sex and it opens again. It's annoying. I am on daily valtrex and I take Lysine & try and eat well, sleep well, blah blah and nothing. I'm so upset right now. Nothing helps. No amount of lube helps. I'm convinced I will never be able to have sex again.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me too I’m not sure that it’s considered an out break or not but I really don’t understand it either. If you find an answer please share. It’s usually after we have sex two days in a row I’ve had it 5 years and my first was blisters but I also had one a couple months ago that we’re blisters 

I actually also get this! It's very painful at the most random times, too- not always during sex, but while sitting or if I open/twist my leg a certain way it lets me know I have a cut-like thing there. I try to make for easier bowel movements (to relieve pressure in the whole area- I've just had problems with this in the past) and healthier eating too, and make sure to keep it clean. I can usually get it to heal for a few days, a few weeks at best but it does come back eventually. My first outbreak was like this, like a paper-cut almost but this I really do think is different somehow because of it's duration, but I don't know why or how. It doesn't bring on the other symptoms of an outbreak or maybe getting used to them? I also take daily Valtrex, more than a year or so. Best of luck, let me know if anything else works.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @Sab123 @gracie - I was wondering if you guys have any updates? I am still having these issues.  It went away for a few weeks and thought I was home free, then got a chest infection and it happened again.  Same spot.  Tiny cut that healed basically overnight.  I'm still taking Valtrex and Lysine supps, have a reasonably good diet.  Try to eat well.  I'm so over it! 

hey @Jackattack- recently mine has gone away, and I've seriously increased my fiber. Went to the GI and they diagnosed me with an anal fissure - not sure if that's exactly what this was or could have contributed to it because I'd always had bowel issue- i think it just made everything worse/more tender down there, but I haven't had many problems since I started taking a fiber supplement!! So it's worth a shot??

• Like 1