• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Genital herpes???

I had protected intercourse him on top while he was having an outbreak twice . I only saw the sores afterwards. Small group of Blisters on his shaft and a 2 bumps near the head of the penis. I had just shaven down there. From what I could see because after I got a good look he said I’m not a doctor to be honest I’m not sure if it was herpes. But he had a condom in during the act. My question is would I be safe from transmission since it was protected? 4 days later I had to visit urgent care had a mild fever flu like illness body aches sore throat. The doctor said sore throat was due to all the lymph node enlargement. About 6 days after that I was out in the sun at bbq when I got home I realized I had a lump on my bikini line painful to touch eventually it popped yellow pus and blood and is mostly healed. Burning urination no other bumps I see and mild pelvic cramping. Does the timeline fit? I’m very sensitive to symptoms in my body I’m not sure if the time line matches when would one first get a break out etc. thank you!

Honestly, the bump does not sound like H to me. Fever, sore throat, etc...yes, but could be anything. I would, obviously, get checked based on his symptoms and the timeline does fit.  You can definitely acquire H if your partner is having an active outbreak with a condom on. That's exactly how I acquired it many decades ago. However, my first ob was a lesion inside that was very painful and lasted about a month. It was blisters after that with clear fluid.

• 1 month later...