• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

New to the forum

Hey everyone!

I’m just looking for some emotional support and to see if anyone has had a similar experience.  I am sure I have HSV and am waiting for a family doctor intake appointment on Tuesday.  I believe I am having mild outbreaks which occur always at the end of my period but not every period.  My first one happened approximately 3-4 weeks after I started having sex with my ex.  I currently am single and am scared to date anyone at all.  I usually get some prodromal symptoms which include itching and slight redness always in the same spot to the left of my vagina. I usually get 1 or 2 tiny bumps but it never fills with fluid or blisters.  This happened to me on Tues night and today I Don’t have any symptoms.  Usually it can last anywhere from 3-7 days. I called the sex health health clinic today and they said they only do a swab if there is a visible lesion and they don’t do PCR blood test.  I now have an intake appointment on Tuesday for a new family doctor and am going to wait and see if I can have the blood work done since I currently have no symptoms.  Have any of you had a similar experience?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Lily7 said:

What type of medication have you tried? Have you tried any natural alternatives??

I haven’t taken any because mine hasn’t been bad but now its more burning and irritation so I got to start something! I took Valtrex and it caused me skin rash but I’m going to try some home remedies a lady told me about