• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

HSV antibodies

My BF of 2 years was recently diagnosed with HSV-2 after a positive blister swab. Prior to our relationship I had a full STD work up done because I had found out my previous partner had been cheating with multiple women. Those STD test results all came back negative.... or so I was told. When I went in recently to talk to my doctor about my Bf’s confirmed HSV-2 diagnosis she acted like it was no big deal, in fact she said to me “ I don’t get excited about herpes, lots of people have it”  Then she proceeded to tell me that the herpes test from the  STD work up I had done two years tested “ reactive” which she said meant I have antibodies for HSV, I should mention I live in Canada and there is only ONE kind of HSV blood test done here,  unlike the US. My Doctor also told me just because I have the antiodies does not mean I have the virus or gave it to my BF. I left there feeling even more frustrated and doubting my doctors competency. Can someone please clarify what all of  this means?  We have been having sex for almost 2 years, and I have never had an outbreak. Is it possible I don’t actually have HSV and having unprotected sex with my BF May give it to me???? Help!!!!