• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Scared and worried and all that stuff H comes with

Hey all. So I’ve been on this site for a few and I’ve responded never posted but today I’m really down and need a friend. To start I’ve have H for 16 years now so this is not a new thing but the dynamic of my virus changed and ever since I’ve been desperate for an actual course of treatment that can help me and provide any kind of real relief.   For the first 10 years with my virus it was picture perfect. Had my initial out break and then never so much as a rash.  Then at year 11 (during this time there was a noted major life event where my hormones/stress/life were out of control) I’ve had constant outbreaks for 5 years. 1-2 years I went to dr after dr with no help because dr are clueless to the virus and can only provide rudimentary information that I can regurgitate in my sleep at this point. I took up to 3g of valtrex a day during this period with no relief and I was so beyond done with doctors and them not knowing anything other than what I could webMD MYSELF.  Year 3 I was fed up and thought I could just not over think it and meditate and eat super healthy and workout and nope still constant outbreaks. At Year 4 I started all natural remedies with a fury so I tried it all, vitC, St. John wart, olive leaf, vit d, vitB complexes, flavonoids, lysine, coconut oil, matcha teas, garlic, apple cider vinegar, bht and the list goes on.  Year four brought me better results then anything but still no resolution.  This years I’ve sought out a np(natural practitioner) and we’ve been doing ozone therapy.  These therapies gave me hope and after 4 months of weekly treatments I got up to 90% of healed.  I was estatic and thought I was going to be able to possibly have a love life again or Really at this point just not be in pain when I urinate. The ozone treatments are 175 a visit so this has Drained me and requires a lot of money. Insurance considers ozone experimental so they won’t help with any of the expense. So  Last Sunday , everything changed.  I woke up and I felt a sharp pain on my left labail crease.  I took a extra dose of everything that day and tried not to overthink or get upset.  The next day there was a cut and now full out outbreak like the first one I ever had!!!!!. I’m so sad and distraught 😩.. I’m fed up with this virus and I’m so sad that my life has to be so lonely. I try and fight this thing and have hope but I’m scared to death that I’m never going to be lesion free.  I’ve found several reports of people with long term H Turing into this unstoppable thing but these cases aren’t being reported correctly by physicians hence the need for more research and help for this very vicious virus isn’t being devoleopled.  Many people suffer from constant outbreaks and there’s just no help. 

I am in year 11 with this disease also, and it seems to me that this has been my worst year ! I’m having an active outbreak now and I’ve been taking my meds constantly even doubling up and almost no relief . This is seriously the saddest thing, I’m hoping mine goes back to being non active like before this year bc I’ve never had outbreaks like this in my life until this year either. Your not alone 

Thanks for your response. And I hope yours goes back to the nice version as well.  I remember when my virus was nice and I spent so much time still worrying and hating myself and had I only known how good I had it then I’d shut up and count my blessings.  This last year have you tried anything other than valtrex? I’ve had the most of my healing success with high doses of vitamin C, lysine, coconut oil (pill version) and olive leaf extract.  If you could try some vitamin C that could help and any vitamin C works even the Walmart brand. I use vitamin C crystals (pharma grade from sprouts) because I’m tired of pills.  Also, The medical community is such crap in this fight against the virus smh... my naturopathic doctor has at least been exploring every option we can find.

I’m happy we have this. I have felt so alone for the last 5 years. Not being able to say these things you know to anyone and having all this to myself and thinking how this freak situation happened only to me.  I’m going to start up another round of my ozone treatments and hope to get ahead of this again.