• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Natural Remedies??

Hi! So still dealing with my first breakout and I feel like the Valtrex has done absolutely nothing to help. Was wondering if anyone has had any success with some natural remedies? My lesions are sooo painful 😞 . Pleaseeeee respond if anything in the past has worked for you! 

Thank you! 

Hey lady!

im sorry to hear that your in so much  pain. Pleas know you are not alone and the first one really is the worst. And that’s from my experience after 16 years.   This virus is different for everyone but hopefully after your body does start to fight and gain control you’ll be able to keep it at bay.  Hang in there though.  You will get through this.  For me the best natural remedies are high doses of vitamin C. And 1000-2000mg of lysine. Take the vitamin C in as high a dose you can manage. take as much before you lose your bowels (upset stomach is normal with vitamin C. My doctor says that’s the point that your body can handle) I usually do 10,000 mgs a day. 3-4 times a day.. your body flushes vitamin C so in order to keep it elevated in your system you have to take it more than once (just like you’d use a presicidbed medication). The lysine I take is by pure encapsulations (pharma grade) But you can find it at any vitamin shop. 

Also, an ice pack helps down there.  It cools the area and makes the environment not fun for H. 

Okay I hope this helps. Hang in there!! 

That feeling that it’s getting better then it’s not is a real mind f***! I can relate with that feeling so much. I’ve literally told my doctor I feel like my virus is healing then not in a 24hourbcycle.   Anyways just keep trying and I’m sending good energy your way for the vitamin C and lysine to help.  Another thing I do is topical applications. My naturopath doctor swears by this because he says you have to hit it at both ends. This is what I do(this is not for the weak) crush up l-lysine pill, vitamin C, and zinc.  Add couple of drops to turn into a paste and use that as a topical.  Now this is no fun task but it’s been working for me. To cut some of the sting down add baking soda (this causes it to fizz) 

@beBravebeBOLD I got 500 mg vitamin C (which may be low dose??) but does this mean you take like 20 pills 3-4 times a day? Or did you get a higher mg vitamin C?? Also I’ve found that coconut oil and tea tree oil applied onto the lesions helps with the pain, not sure if it helps it heal faster though ahhh 

Your 500 capsules will work and yes since they are lower doses you’ll be taking a lot of them.  I switch over to Vitamin C crystals which is pharma grade and one teaspoon= about 2500mg! So that’ll save you from have to take tons of pills. I add a teaspoons to my water 5x a day (taste like lemon water).   I try and boost my C level every 2-3 hours.  And this is important as well for the topical Vit C method because you’ll have high levels of C in your blood and topically to saturate the lesion.  

Im a fan of the tea tree and coconut oil. It does soothe but I get paranoid to leave it over night because I want the skin to be dry as possible not moisturized by coconut oil. I’ve tried a few topicals. I’m into my zinc, vitc, lysine compounds not because they are straight to it. I use different combinations as well to see what’s best 

Ive only had one OB and my sore lasted 3 days but i live a very natural life style (chemical free). I also applied lavendar essential oil to my sore 3x daily and when at home and overnight i wore no underwear. I only use baking soda to wash "down there". I use a spray bottle filled with coconut oil and lavendar essential oils to spray my whole body after a shower and to shave. I take and diffuse essential oils to relieve stress and boost my immune system.

Hope this helps!!

Great tips, I will add Aloe Vera (both taken as a food, and applied to the sores for a quicker recovery).

Coconut oil, ingested, is a great (easy and savoury) tool to keep your inmune system in top shape.

L-lysine, as mentioned, binds to arginine, which is also an aminoacid that's present in a lot of foods (chocolate, peanuts, quinoa...yes, sadly!). L-lysine then "compensates" the arginine in your body to avoid it fuels the virus.

Zinc is good for your inmune system in general too.

I also drink plenty of mineral water every day, and take fish oil and multi-vitamins.

Combined with daily meds, I have improved a lot.

Only a tiny breakout, the size of a period like this one, for monts so far ---> º

It went away very quickly too.

I also use these ingredients daily or every other day in my food intake: green leafy vegetables, cinnamon, turmeric, green tea, apple cider vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, onions, garlic (excellent anti-viral), and blueberries. Aloe Vera almost daily. Conconut oil Daily. L-lysine daily when I buy it (not cheap in my area).

I should be more structured but I'm not, and I combine those things as I feel / as I have them. So far the results are good and I try to listen to my body as much as I can.

Have a great evening and best to you.

• 3 years later...

@Stressed1 Hi! 

I personally use Costco's Kirkland Vitamin C chewables; they are in a giant bottle of 500 and they are in a 500 mg tablet chewable form, that tastes like orange. Vitamin C is water soluble, which means the excess vitamins your body 'doesn't need' exits the body through urine. So, if your urine seems an odd color (more yellow-y than usual), that could be from the vitamin C! 

According to Mayo Clinic's Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D., "the recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 65 to 90 milligrams (mg) a day, and the upper limit is 2,000 mg a day. Although too much dietary vitamin c is unlikely to be harmful, megadoses of vitmain C supplements might cause: diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, abdominal cramps, headache, and insomnia." 

View the Source, Here! https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-c/faq-20058030#:~:text=For adults%2C the recommended daily,Nausea

If you are concerned about starting a new vitamin (if you take other medications/are on temporary or permanent medications) ask your doctor if the Vitamin C could interact with the medicines.

I hope this helps! 

Blessings! 🙂