• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can Igg test determine if my OB was from recent exposure?

Hi all,

I had my first outbreak of genital herpes (HSV-2) last month, and while it cleared up after a 10 day acyclovir prescription, it flared up again this month after a week of itching that I assumed was part of healing (but appeared 90% less than my first OB). My partner has never showed any visible symptoms so the clinic dismissed it as him being ‘clean’. However I am doubtful as I had my outbreak just days after intercourse with him & believe he may be asymptomatic. 

Since my clinic has been nonchalant & having had to self-refill my acyclovir prescription for my second OB, I’ve decided to go in for an Igg blood test with my partner after much research. My swabs have been tested positive but will the Igg test help me determine if my exposure has been recent based on the results? 

Thank you!

On 8/10/2018 at 7:58 PM, beBravebeBOLD said:

From my knowledge the igg should be higher for an intial infection.  This is  because your body is freaking/freaked out and battling a new invader so it’s working hard. Once your body has become familiar with the virus over time the numbers decrease and level off 

I wondered About the numbers because my dr said mine was high so thanks for responding to her post because no one responded to mine 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...