• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ugh - cold sores on mouth after getting genital hsv1?

Man I’m so bummed this virus is a part of my life. 

I avoided it for so msny years, and then took s risk and got it. Anyways has anyone ever gotten cold sores on their mouth after getting hsv1 down below? I got hsv1 below my waist abs nor I think  K getting a cold sure on my mouth, which I’ve never had in my life. I thought it usually stays in one spot. This shit really sucks. I apologize for being So negative but I’m recently diagnosed and so upset and pissed . I’m mad at myself for knowing better but just went with it in the moment. Im piseed st the guy for supposedly being ignorant but meybebyes just a total douche .ugh

Oral cold sores are very, very common. It is also very likely that the person who gave it to did not know about it. Honestly, I WISH I had HSV-1 on my mouth, lol. 

I don't want to downplay your feelings though. I understand that it is a tough diagnosis. What I would say. however, is that you will feel way differently about it in a year's time. In fact, why don't you try this: in one year from now, come back to this forum and post in this thread again. Tell us about how you feel at that time, versus how you felt about it when you were first diagnosed. It might mean a lot to someone who is in the position you are in now.

• 4 weeks later...