• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Some of you may have read stuff I’ve posted over the last few days, most probably not. Our stories are all unique, yet similar in their origin. 

I, like everyone else,  have had a terrible, terrible week. The fear, pain  and suspicion has consumed me. I am far from high- fiving anyone at this point. But I’m ok. Ups and downs. Ins and outs, swings and roundabouts. But I remind myself that we are human and there are many, many illnesses that strike us down every day. Some worse than orhers. Maybe the fact that I lost my mother to something that Ultimately would end her life no matter what treatment, in her mid forties ( almost my age) makes me get it in perspective. Most likely she would have taken herpes and been grateful. 

Thats not to say I don’t get the devastation, I do. I’m living it. Its brought me to my knees. 

I know that life isn’t always candy coloured clouds and rainbow farts by now. And sometimes, we catch a shitty virus. I already showed cancer the door. 

But it isn’t the end of the world. Yes. I’ve had a painful, anxious week. But there is light. Today I can walk, today the lesions are smaller, and today it doesn’t hurt so much.   Know that the pain affects your ability to cope. But as soon as that pain starts to ease, which I promise you it will,  that light will be there and you will feel stronger. Nothing is forever. 

I have had so much appreciated advice on this forum but I took Acyclovir on day 4 and it’s got better from there. May be something. May be nothing. 

My advice thus far; you think warm baths will hurt, they won’t. They will soothe. I promise. Start the day with a warm bath. It lifts your mood and makes you believe you can cope. 

the fear is always worse. 

much love. 

Thank you for being there. 

• Like 1