• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Where is this study I keep hearing about with the 10% transmission rate per year?

In a lot of herpes information outlets, including articles written about herpes online in places like the Huff Post and Washing post, I keep seeing this statistic that, over a year of sexual intercourse, a HSV+ male has 10% chance to infect a HSV- female. I see this so frequently that it seems to be taken as a matter of fact, yet I never see the actual study or source cited, ever. When I try to find anything conclusive on Google scholar, I can't find it. Does anyone know what this is from and where I can access it? Also, can anyone link to studies on transmission rates per sexual act using different methods (like, transmission rates when using antivirals and condoms versus not)? Thanks. 

• 3 weeks later...