• Need support? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum, a supportive and positive group of people to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have ... 

Sunny720

Herpes in the Black Community

I think having hsv1 is better than having hsv2. you have more outbreaks with hsv2 and it's milder. I hope you a lot of good luck. I'm here if you need me.take care Sarah

• Like 1

never think your dirty because your not your a human being and made in God's image.God loves you and you have Purpose.people are immature about this. if you have Love in your heart for God that's all you need. please there is people out there that care for you.take care Sarah.

• Thanks 1

You know that where i live hsv1 is not a big problem people call it night fever because even babies have it. They dont call it herpes when its oral even though it is but the genital herpes you will get slashed for.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I’m taking valtrex daily as suppressive therapy. Does anyone know of it should be taken around the same time daily? I couldn’t find any information online regarding this. 

On 10/22/2019 at 6:35 AM, sarahsfocus said:

hey SeraLyn, do you take your suppresent everyday? just wondering.Sarah

When I'm on suppression, yes I take daily.

I take first thing in the morning so I don't forget. Bottle's on my night stand by my bed 😁

I'm sure it works, however, for most effectiveness, the once a day means once every 24 hours. If you're treating episodically, it's once every 12 hours (or whatever the medically professional recommends pending dosage provided).

The reason daily drugs are most effective when taken at the same time is due to the time release factor of the medication.  If you're taking sporadic times throughout the day, you may have more in your system or none in your system when you take the next does (essentially, starting over every day versus maintaining a consistent stream)

• Like 1

no worries sara, just sharing how my medical professional explained to me.  All learning right.

So here's a twist of story...has anyone had a partner/ex tell them you gave them HSV JUST so you'd stay with them?? 🥴🥴

On 11/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, SeraLyn said:

no worries sara, just sharing how my medical professional explained to me.  All learning right.

So here's a twist of story...has anyone had a partner/ex tell them you gave them HSV JUST so you'd stay with them?? 🥴🥴

Wow! I have not been in that situation fortunately. Sounds like dude has some serious insecurities. 😬