• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes in the Black Community

@Mercyme that's what gets me... the fact that they (medical system) just dismiss attempting to cure this. Moreso than living with it, that's what frustrates me. It seems like they're just fine with continuing to have an increase in these numbers and doing nothing for prevention besides make jokes. But that's my soapbox for today lol. In other words, mercy me, I agree 😊. I've only been hurt by two people's responses and my own mindset, and I can manage that. The distress is a lot more for some and I don't like that they're experience isn't honored by the medical community. 

• Like 2

I just want to jump in as a white female who was given H at age 23 and I'm 63 now. You are all wonderful people who have a ton to offer!!! Hold your head high and own the notion that you are wonderful human beings. I promise someone will come along and not give a rats about your H status! It will happen. My late husband of 25 years (26 all together) didn't give H two thoughts as he was so in love with me. He never acquired herpes from me as we were very careful. I never felt it necessary to tell anyone I wasn't sleeping with about my status.  I disclosed a lot In my days leading up to marriage as there was no choice. No online dating and no computers! You just disclosed and went on. Most men just asked me to educate them. I've had an absolute amazing life and I don't expect that to change now.  I'm in excellent shape via weight training, I'm intelligent, out going own a farm and retired early. I have a lot to offer and I'm worth someone's time!!! I'm equally as happy on my own as well. 

• Like 3

Hi @Sumshine

I loved reading your post. It's beautiful that your late husband was so accepting. That's how strong love really is!! Nothing can break it ❤️ (not even h!).

Also, it is so true about computers and online dating-- people dated and lived lives BEFORE them so they certainly don't need to solely rely on them at all!!! Also, being happy by ourselves is another thing to practice, as often times we think we are a half to a whole. But, you are whole whether you have a partner or not! We are all whole and worthy of love, partner or not! 

Thank you so much for your wonderful advice and insight!!

Sending happy blessings your way!! 🌄🌻

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone. Just wanted to tap in. I am GHSV2. I’ve been using femiclear which is a very strong ointment to help heal faster during outbreaks. It may burn a little when applying it but it does work. In addition, there is a black owned vaginal care  company named shopmymyaat on Instagram. The vaginal spray and balm has helped as well. I am looking for more into holistic care and only use acyclovir as my last resort during flare ups. Vagisil itch cream numbs and soothes too. I have switch between various products at times for the best results. As time goes on my flare ups are not as severe as they were in the beginning. Doctor did say 12-18 months is the time it takes the body to fight back. I take vitamins and try to get plenty of rest. I love you all queens. Stay strong. 

Hi, @89star!

I hope you are well!

Thank you for your positivity and kindness ❤️ It's wonderful that your outbreaks are not as severe as they were in the beginning. That truly gives to many friends hope!!

I was curious about the Femiclear, as I have never heard of that, and I checked out the ingredients to share some info with friends on the site!

Femiclear is made with a plant called Melaleuca Cajuputi (known as Cajeput), which is made into an oil and helps reduce inflammatory skin responses. It also has antibiotic and analgesic (pain-reducing) properties. So, of course, if you are allergic to anything in this plant's plant family (myrtle), you shouldn't use this product, and of course it is always a safe idea to test it on a small section of your skin first before applying it to a large area or on your sores, especially with this product because Cajeput oil is very strong (even when diluted into a cream). And of course, talk to your doctor before you try any new products, too! 

I am happy that you found products that help you, especially from a Black Owned Business!  As a reminder to everyone, many small businesses are not regulated by the FDA and therefore buy WITH CAUTION. While some companies use research-based methods, make products with quality ingredients and no toxic chemicals or fillers, and utilize scientifically-backed evidence to create solutions that are safe and actually work, many companies are out there to just make profits and sadly so many consumers are harmed by these products. So of course, friends, as a reminder, do your research and be a smart consumer!!!

Sending happiness and blessings your way 🙂

grace

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hello all! 

I see this hasn't been too active lately. We'll you know why I came (my Marshawn Lynch voice) lol I'm looking for a community within our own. I'm a 35yr old female, I'm newly diagnosed over a month now. Still handling it. But what I want to know is there any support groups that gather just to hangout near me (Bama) I'm cool with traveling too. I heard there was HSV traveling group somewhere out there anyone know about this? Again I only joined this community to seek out more of us. 

Any feedback will be helpful.

UPWARD AND ONWARD

• Like 1