• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What happens if I don't show any symptoms?

Yesterday I received a positive test result for H 2 based on blood work and no showing of symptoms. One of the most painful parts was not messaging my current and past partners about it but hearing from my current partner that "he has a lot to think about" in regards of continuing to see me or not. I hadn't cried until I received that text. 

Needless to say, I am struggling with a lot of feelings: sadness, shame, guilt, and hopefulness for a false positive result. I'm kicking myself in the ass for demanding this test when my doctor strongly recommend against it. On the other hand, knowledge is power and if I do have it, I want to know so I can reduce the risk of spreading it to others. My doctor says the result may be a false positive but not to worry until I actually show symptoms.

I feel helpless, I feel like all I can do is sit and wait to see if I show any symptoms. And what happens if I don't show any symptoms? Do I assume I do or don't have it? Do I ask to do a second test of the same kind and see if I get a different result? At the same time I am scared to do another test and receive possibly a second positive. I could really use support and advice. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this. 

• Like 1

Hi @Strength123,

Perhaps it could be false positive.  Hopefully your doctor ordered the IGG and not the IGM.  Look at your IGG index value.  Anything below 3.5 could very well be false positive.  But from what I've been reading even scores above 3.5 can be false positive with type 2 IGG test.  Since you've never had symptoms you could get the western blot and know for sure if you have it.  However, western blot is only done by University of Washington and you need to obtain a kit from them and have your doctor draw blood etc and have it shipped to U of W.  Also the test is not covered by insurance and it's pricey, somewhere between $300 to $400 total for everything.  You can also talk to Terri Warren over at westoverheights.com and you could get the western blot ordered through her as well and have a chance to ask her questions.  I'm sorry to hear what you are going through.  

20 hours ago, Strength123 said:

. One of the most painful parts was not messaging my current and past partners about it but hearing from my current partner that "he has a lot to think about" in regards of continuing to see me or not. I hadn't cried until I received that text. 

He decided to share that with you over a text? I'm... not impressed. I hope your test comes back negative and you tell him that YOU have a lot to think about re: do you want to be with a guy who acts so callously to his partner.