• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Well todays a great day to be alive

Weve all felt stressed, hurt,crushed by this thing we all share. Well. One day it will look up. 

Todays my day. Im so proud to say after almost 9 full months of constant outbreaks. Im finally clear! 

Now. I think ive posted my story a few times on here. But ill write it again.

Well im 24. And female. And I gave myself the gift of hsv 1 on my geniltals. My fiance and i (been together 5 years) wernt thinking of the slowly starting coldsore on my lip. And as the night progressed it transferred to his beard and his beard to my ladybits.  

Well. Thats my new years gift to myself..

I hated myself, ive felt so down. I personally thought he was going to leave.  But as weeks passed after my diagnosis, he never left my side. He helped me with research and trying different methods to calm my outbreaks. 

Well. Needless to say we haven't been physical since the day we found out but he says hed rather live with it and get it than not be able to be with me  

Weve tried Lysine, famciclovir, valacyclovir, and acyclovir.

Weve tried salt baths. Epsom baths, essential oil baths. All of it. 

Finally. After months of searching and scrounging for something that made the outbreaks bearable i read into essebtial oil blends. Now they may not help for everyone. But oh sweet glory it helped me  

Ive finally been clear for over a week. And proud to say. Weve finally been intimate again. 

Ive told family, and some friends. At first everyones concerned. Then after a bit of information is shared, the people ive told have all been there through my journey.  

The point of this story is, no matter what happens. Dont give up hope. Things will get better. Someone will love you unconditionally. And they wont care about the little things. 

Try everything you can, listen to your doctor, if it doesnt work. Dont get discouraged. Just think, theres so many other options to try out there. And be proud of who you are. Regardless of the weight we have on our shoulders, we are worth it to someone.  

Thank you guys for all the support over the past few months. I felt alone before i found these fourms. And it feels amazing to know your never alone in this. 

I love you all! 

Hi Kinator, thanks for sharing and congrats to you and your lovely beau for weathering the storm and having some sex. I'm curious if doctors were able to tell you why it might be that you experienced so many repetitive outbreaks for such a long time. That doesn't seem to be typical, particularly with HSV 1.

@IshmaelSadly we dont know as to why it lasted so long. Seems my body was trying to heal its self. But stress and depression didnt help. It affected me physically as much as emotionally.  

It takes time. Ive looked up and the first genital outbreak can be hell for anyone. It can take up to a year for your body to adjust.  Take your time. Dont rush it  and dont stress. 

Hsv1 and 2 basically have no differences in outbreaks or pain levels. It all depends on the persons bodys reaction to the virus. 

1 hour ago, kinator said:

@IshmaelSadly we dont know as to why it lasted so long. Seems my body was trying to heal its self. But stress and depression didnt help. It affected me physically as much as emotionally.  

It takes time. Ive looked up and the first genital outbreak can be hell for anyone. It can take up to a year for your body to adjust.  Take your time. Dont rush it  and dont stress. 

Hsv1 and 2 basically have no differences in outbreaks or pain levels. It all depends on the persons bodys reaction to the virus. 

I'm not stressed! I don't really get outbreaks. I do, however, have a keen anxiety about transmission and I want to know what the realistic consequences are for anyone I have sex with. Thanks for the knowledge though, and thanks for sharing. Also, enjoy the sex!

Oh trust me. I have. Lol. 

Were worried about transmission. (Well i am)  i dont want him to go through this pain.  But he refuses to let it stop him. Sadly i dont quite know the rates of transmission but if im correct Adrial knows alot more about it. 

Lately ive found myself making appointments with my doctor just to get more information on the virus. Its always helpful.  I make a list of things that pop into my head and talk to her.

I also spoke to my pharmacist. Asked her if we could chat in private and asked her if she had any reccomendations. she also had some literature on how to deal with herpes.  

I know its hard to say it. But we sometimes need to disclose to gain information.  

@kinatorHello there, thanks for sharing and congratulations! your post made me very curious about a few things and I was hoping you could share with us a bit more info

1) did your dr. tell you how could you have gotten genital H from your cold sore?? isn't it the case that if you have HSV 1 your body should already have the antibodies to respond to the virus? 

2) could you share the essential oil blends that worked for you??

Thank you so much  and congratulations on your marriage! 

Hey @JulyP

Sadly it can spread regardless. Its just the factor of fluid from a sore or the skin from the sore transferring to my genitals can still spread the virus. Heck. For all we know this was my first outbreaks but its been dormant for years. All we know is it just started on that area not too long (2.5 months) after the encounter right as my coldsore returned. It made a bad start to christmas break.

. . .  

And in regards to essential oils ive created a mixture of about 5-6 tablespoons coconut oil with 7 drops teatree oil and 5 drops of eucalyptus oil.  I cool it in the fridge and apply after shower or painful urination.  The cold soothes and the oil feels amazing. 

I also have a habit of infusing my epsom salts with around 8 drops of lavander oil to a large container (i forget the size) So that maybe helped. 

If not, look up essential oils with anti-viral properties. Theres so many.  I hope it helps for you! 🙂

And thank you. We're currently planning the big day.