• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes in mouth

I'm seeing from your other posts that you've had HSV-2 for years. I don't know what is going on with your mouth, but if you've had it for years there's basically no way you'd get HSV-2 now in your mouth. I mean, I'm not a doctor or an expert, but the risk of getting it in another location after you've had HSV-2 for a while is, from what I've read, basically unheard of (unless you are immunocompromised because of something like AIDS). When you add in the fact that HSV-2 doesn't typically go for the mouth (although it's possible) your likelihood drops even further.. Obviously, you should talk to a dr. if you're experiencing pain, but I wouldn't be worried about HSV-2. 

Thank you for replying I haven’t slept all night! Yes I’ve had it about 2 years I know but I actually think I got It four years ago. I took a HIV tested in June it came back negative!! Maybe it’s just my nerves getting the best of me again.  I woke Up this morning and don’t really see anything in my mouth but my lips are cracked and burning. I have finally learned to live with this but I just don’t want sores on my lips! 

So I have the same thing and I’m super paranoid about it like my mouth burns and lips tingle.... is this prodromal symptoms generating to the mouth? I feel like there is no answer. My doc said it’s possible to shed from the mouth but there is no way to really detect that unless there is a sore. I am totally with you it’s super annoying and scary. I do also know that anxiety can cause these symptoms as well...but ya hard to stay calm when you don’t have answers. I hope someone can help us!