• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Itching

Hi, I just was diagnosed with HSV 2 about 3 weeks ago by a swab test. I started having some discomfort that led to what I thought was an infection from some new meds I started taking... OB swabbed my sores and sure enough positive. I started taking acyclovir for 5 days and it made my sores go away. The pain was more than I could handle to the point I literally could not eat for 3 days for fear of using the restroom. Now that I’ve gotten past my sores I feel so much better but I have an intense itching that I can not get to go away. I am big on trying natural things so I have been taking Epsom salt baths with lavender and maleluca oils which helps some but at night I literally can not sleep bc the itching is so bad. I made my own salve with coconut oil, maleluca, and peppermint oil. It helps but still not enough... i tried the ice pack and it does nothing. I am at my little end with this itching. I know I need sleep to help keep my body from being stressed and bringing another outbreak on but it’s impossible. I am also 5 months pregnant so I am limited on what I can do. Any ideas? 

Some people suggested Prosurx to me, I also gave it a try to treat herpes outbreaks and control further recurrences. Amazingly, this cream is the best treatment I've used when diagnosed with herpes. But I remember that it's not recommended to pregnancy, what a pity! Have you ever used a cool compress to the affected area?  A cool compress helps relieve pain and itching. Also, aloe vera gel is effective in easing itching sensation

I have not tried Aloe Vera yet. I did try a bath with oatmeal, Epsom salt, and baking soda that did help enough to where I could sleep for about 4-5 hours before the itching woke me up. The cool compress or ice don’t seem to do much. Thank you for the suggestions. I will ask my dr about the cream you used and see if I can try it. I am literally desperate for sleep and relief. 

Thanks JulyP. I think I know why yours may have been to strong too. Oregano oil is a “hot” oil and should be used topically only with heavy dilution and peppermint is really strong maybe the 2 combined caused your skin to react? I’m starting to think there is so much itching for me bc it somehow damaged my nerves a bit. On the bottom of my left foot it’s like a numbness to it and on the left side of my bottom where everything started. I have been doing oatmeal baths and that has helped as well. I can actually sleep at night  😁