• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Questions about transmission of GHSV1.

So, I got diagnosed with ghsv1 back in late November of 2017. It is now September of 2018 and I haven’t had an outbreak since. My doctor told me it isn’t necessary to take daily suppressants every day.. but I have a back up on hand just incase. I’ve read SO much information on GHSV1 and how it’s the “better kind” of herpes to have.... on some days I feel confident and I know I’m going to be okay. On other days I feel really low and “dirty”. I wasn’t too educated on how you can get genital herpes from oral sex with someone who has OSHV1. I did not know this at all. My doctor told me I got it from oral sex and I shouldn’t be too worried and just to take care of myself.. which I’m doing of course. I’m just super nervous about transmitting it. I hope to tell a serious partner in the future but I have been seeing someone on and off (casual thing) for two years every now and then when we both have the time. We’ve only had sex about three times this year so far without any condoms because he refuses... he never got anything so far, to my knowledge and neither did my other partners (they were potiental partners whom I thought I may have a relationship with in the future but it didn’t work out for reasons) I don’t have outbreaks during the time we have sex of course. I just had sex with him the other night and I don’t know why I’m suddenly panicking over transmission. I’ve read that genital HSV1 from female to male is low but I’m just curious if there’s any more facts that I should be aware of/know about. Every little itch and tingle freaks me out.. especially after sex. If anyone has any positive stories, facts about ghsv1 or just transmission information.. I’d be so happy to hear them. Thank you so much. 🙂