• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Transmission from bodily fluids???

Ok, what’s the truth here? Across this forum and others, everyone says herpes can only be transmitted through skin to skin contact. Then you read stuff on Google or, like in the Cosmo article I’m reading right now, that it can be passed through bodily fluids....so, when I “get wet” or have an orgasm and cum when my partner is inside me, I’m adding risk by not only touching me, but being in contact with my “juices” too??? (I’m on daily suppression and have never passed it...BUT STILL).

From what I’ve read on this forum and others, I’m thinking that the bodily fluids they are referring to is the fluid inside the sores....if that’s the case, then that makes sense and article writers need to get their facts straight. 

Can anyone shed light? 

Yep, you and @Amando nailed it. Herpes is passed via skin-to-skin friction without an active outbreak via viral shedding and therefore won’t be passed via our sexy fluids. 😉 The fluid inside the sores of an active outbreak is super contagious and that can definitely be passed if mixed into sexy fluids. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

16 hours ago, mr_hopp said:

Yep, you and @Amando nailed it. Herpes is passed via skin-to-skin friction without an active outbreak via viral shedding and therefore won’t be passed via our sexy fluids. 😉 The fluid inside the sores of an active outbreak is super contagious and that can definitely be passed if mixed into sexy fluids. 

Quick question, I have  not been diagnosed yet so I’m not sure if I have it and if I do, it may be in the anal region, if I was to participate in vaginal sex, could I spread it to here via skin to skin (penis to vagina) Or would she have to be in contact with where my initial ob (anal) was?

1 hour ago, movingon00 said:

Quick question, I have  not been diagnosed yet so I’m not sure if I have it and if I do, it may be in the anal region, if I was to participate in vaginal sex, could I spread it to here via skin to skin (penis to vagina) Or would she have to be in contact with where my initial ob (anal) was?

Good question @movingon00! Herpes tends to shed around the initial site of infection/outbreak due to following nerve pathways that branch like tree branches before reaching the skin. Some people have outbreaks that pop up around the general area of initial infection, while others (like me) have only have outbreaks in the exact same spot of the initial infection/outbreak. 

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

44 minutes ago, mr_hopp said:

Good question @movingon00! Herpes tends to shed around the initial site of infection/outbreak due to following nerve pathways that branch like tree branches before reaching the skin. Some people have outbreaks that pop up around the general area of initial infection, while others (like me) have only have outbreaks in the exact same spot of the initial infection/outbreak. 

Thank you for the response! I experienced what may have been an ob in the same spot twice with a single light red pinkish bump (no blistering) and flu like symptoms. This thread concerning transmission through sexual fluids eased my mind knowing it’s skin to skin, which concerned me if I could still shed from the front. I have considered testing but that’s a dilemma as I read some doctors don’t recommend it if there is no active lesion and I can’t know if I’ll ever experience it again.