• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

OutBreak after having sex!

I had sex and then I notice a couple of hours later I began having an outbreak. Me and my partner did use a condom but it broke now I’m scared I might have gave him HSV2. I always take my medication but  I haven’t had an outbreak in years so it’s crazy I’m having one now. Also I have not been sexually active since December 2017 I just started back having sex this August 2018. Is it likely I passed it to my partner? And has anyone had a outbreak hours after having sex? 

Hi! I've actually read online in places that for some reason some people get 'triggered' by sex and have outbreaks from it. I'm not doctor- but was your outbreak on your mound/external area or more inside? From information that I have, I've read that you're more likely to pass it if your partner actually touches that area that's affected so if say it's on your mound and he was inside of you and the condom broke- the sores weren't inside of you, so you might be alright. It is less likely to pass if there was no direct contact to the sores but sadly you won't truly know unless he gets a breakout at some point. 😞 

• Like 1