• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I just found out+ Im in a new 2 month relationship

Im in a new relationship, 2 months in. We were having unprotected sex. About 5 days ago I found open painful areas on my genitals including on my clitoris. I went to the dr was diagnosed and started on Valtrex. The pain is so bad. Whats worse is the Dr told me since I had flu like symptoms, enlarged lymph nodes and a fever this was my first infection and my partner infected me.

I dont know how to address it with my partner. We are in love, even spoken about marriage and moving in together but he has a temper. My worry is he will deny giving it to me, be angry/aggressive and perhaps even disclose my status publicly. When should I tell him? Face to face or on the phone? 

I never had any symptoms before I really believe he infected me. I am angry, scared, in pain and hopeless. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi Confused1984

Wow really sorry to hear about your worries!

It clearly seems like he has passed this to you.
When you say he has a temper, hopefully you don't mean he is violent towards you.
In my humble opinion, someone who is aggressive towards you, Is not marriage material.

I think it may be best you call him by phone, stay calm & tell him you have something to talk to him about.
Tell him you have been diagnosed & your Dr has said you have recently been infected.
Then see what his response is. If he turns nasty, I think that's a big red flag!
Of course it is possible that he may not know he has H.

good luck, hope it goes well

• Like 1